Friday, October 5, 2012

Things I Ate for Internet Access

After many trials and tribulations I finally have internet in my apartment! This means that for the first time this weekend I can stay up late and skype my family and friends in distant timezones. During my first month in the CR I relied on my school's internet during the week. Everyday at school and between classes I would try to cram in all my emailing. Lacking internet meant lacking a news outlet, so at school I downloaded news-oriented podcasts, which I would watch and listen to without the internet. Relying on my school for internet meant that on the weekends, when the school was closed, I had to find alternative ways to get internet access. There are very few internet cafes in Plzen, but there are many cafes with internet. In order to validate mooching off a cafes' internet I bought something to eat and drink. After trying a few fast food joints, restaurants, and cafes I found that a cafe named "Ooo La La" had the fastest wifi connection. At that cafe I mostly ate little pastries and once even tried hot chocolate. Here are some photos of the things I had to eat for internet!




P.S. It is officially Fall here! The leaves have changed colors and sporadic gusts of wind knock them, acorns, and needles off trees. It is beautiful! Below is a photo of a double rainbow I saw walking home from the zoo yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment